Edinburgh Beach View Apartment
Edinburgh Beach View Apartment
We offer a lovely 2 bedroom first floor flat overlooking the seaside promenade at the west end of Portobello in Edinburgh.
By car the popular city centre car parks, attractions and shopping are between 13 & 17 minutes away. By bus 25-35 minutes, the 26 bus will get you to Princess Street or Waverley Station in 25 minutes or Edinburgh Zoo in 40 minutes, by car the Zoo is 27 minutes.
This first floor self catering holiday apartment is on a single level and consists of a kitchen living/dining room, bathroom and 2 bedrooms (1 double & 1 twin room).
Plan a city break or a beach holiday or simply enjoy a convenient touring base. You can mix and match to suit yourself
Public transport in Edinburgh comes at a good price and is frequent, reliable and convenient. On all journeys Lothian Buses operate a flat rate adult fare of only £1.60/ €1.9/$2.20. The walk from the apartment to the bus stop is a leisurely six minutes.
If you do travel by car Portobello has superb road links towards the Scottish Borders & England, Glasgow & Edinburgh Airports and the rest of Scotland. The apartment makes an excellent touring base and resident parking is available free of charge.
Laze on the Beach on August afternoons and then spend warm August Evenings absorbing the atmosphere of Edinburgh Festival and Festival Fringe. The long nights can be as late as you care, thanks to Lothian Buses night bus service which is practically an hourly service, even after respectable folks retired to their bed many hours ago.
You have never properly tasted fish & Chips until you have tried it walking by the sea.
At Edinburgh Beach View Apartment you can simply mix and match, beach holiday/city break/tour base. Enjoy fishing, Scotland’s breath taking scenery, Edinburgh Festival or Scotland’s famous golf courses:
- North Berwick (links), 22 miles, 34minutes.
- Gullane (links), 18 miles, 30minutes
- Dalmahoy (parkland), 17miles, 32minutes
- St Andrews (links), 55 miles, 90 minutes
- Gleneagles (parkland), 67 miles, 75 minutes
Fishers visit Mikes tackle shop on Portobello High Street for the all your needs and every assistance on local fishing.
Attractions in the Edinburgh area (Journey less than 45min by car)
- Calton Hill
- Holyrood Abbey
- Holyrood Park
- Scottish Parliament
- Royal Yacht Britannia
- Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Royal Mile
- Edinburgh Castle
- Camera Obscura and World of Illusions
- Arthur’s Seat
- Princes Street Gardens
- National Museum of Scotland
- Real Mary King’s Close
- Princes Street & Princes Street Gardens
- Scott Monument
- The Edinburgh Dungeon
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery
- Royal Botanic Garden
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Inchcolm Abbey (South Queensferry)
- The Forth Bridges (Queensferry)
- Deep Sea World (South Queensferry)
- Horse Racing Musselburgh
- Gilmerton Cove
- Giles Cathedral
- Tantallon Castle and The Bass Rock, East Lothian
- Tantallon Studios
- National Museum of Flight, East Fortune.
- Scottish Seabird Centre, North Berwick
- Dunbar & Dunbar Leisure Pool